Curtis Management Resources
Helping Business Solve Problems
One of the greatest challenges faced by any business occurs during and
immediately after a serious Environmental or Safety incident. If not handled
properly, these situations can result in significant regulatory actions, such as
fines, criminal sanctions, and additional inspections and permitting. If the public
has been involved, an aroused neighborhood or activist organization can ultimately
destroy the business.
Similarly, an effective management team can minimize regulatory impact and increase
public confidence through their demonstrated control of the incident.
In order to be effective, the management team needs to be prepared to deal with the
complexities of the incident, the conflicting demands of regulatory agencies for
action, and the needs of the media and public for appropriate, credible information.
This preparation requires practice and guidance from experienced professionals.
Curtis Management Resources has extensive experience in managing crisis situations
and dealing with the media and the public, and has developed a Crisis Management
training seminar for management teams which includes both the Incident Command
System and Media Relations.
- Incident Command System
- Curtis Management Resources is prepared to assist companies interested in
strengthing their Crisis Management and Emergency Response skills by,
- Assisting in the development of an Incident Command System suitable for
the operations and hazards present at the facility, and consistent with
the recommendations of OSHA [29 CFR 1910.120].
- Provide training for incident commanders and leadership personnel on
the essential elements required to develop and implement an effective
Incident Command System.
- Provide and guide simulations of work place incidents, and supply
feedback for future improvement.
- Media Relations
- Regardless of company size, failure to work effectively with
the media during and after a crisis can have serious, long-term,
implications for any company. Curtis Management Resources can
help protect company interests and value by preparing
your personnel for potential media interactions.
- Define and clarify long-term objectives of media and managers
- Define and explore the roles played by both media and company
- Provide training and exercises on presentation skills.
- Conduct video taped interviews and simulations of incidents to
develop effective communication and media management skills.
PO Box 1232, Fairborn, Ohio 45324
Telephone: (937) 767-2117 Fax: (937) 767-5005